Wednesday, February 21, 2007

stash it

So, this is supposed to be a knitting blog, but I'm posting this sewcentric entry anyhow.

First: Because it's indirectly related to knitting.

Second: Because it's my blog and I can do whatever I want. You're not the boss of me. So there.

::cough::

Anyhow, Wendy (owner of Unwind: Yarn House) asked me to sew her up some zippered knitting needle pouches for her shop.

Since she wanted to be able to sell them for under $15 dollars, they're super-simple (not like the roll-up bag), but I still think they're cool.

Love the embroidered taffeta.





6 comments:

Brittany said...

aw a knitting blog! Yes! I love to knit! tell me, what can i do with 60 yards of yard that taks 15 size needles? anything?

Angela said...

Hmm.

Giant, fuzzy hat?

Short scarf?

~A

PS. Glad you stopped by.

Brittany said...

could i do a beret with it? i wasnt sure i had enough yarn

Brittany said...

ps, sure, i love to knit....check out my blog for a mix of everything

Angela said...

I'm not sure if you'd have enough.

Best to look for a pattern online that has the same gauge as your yarn and see how many yards it calls for.

Check out www.knittingpatterncentral.com for tonnes of great free patterns.

~A

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

I covet that needle baggie. The sequinny embroidery is so! cute!