Sunday, January 07, 2007

Knitting Knonsense

So, my Nan and Taw have moved.

Their new place is (while exceptionally nice) tiny compared to the house they lived in for the entirety of their first 61 years of marriage.

Needless to say, downsizing was necessary.

Should I feel at all guilty that I benefited?

Didn't think so.

As well as a bunch of needles (straight and dpn's) I got a huge number of pattern books.

Several are all vintage and cool.


My favourite - c 1945 - has the best illustrations and photos.
The patterns are nice and basic.


As for current projects: All I can say is "I have to learn to finish what I start".



This is the 1/2 done scarf cum shawl I'm making for myself.
The pattern is something I stole from Connie.



This is the (alpaca!) yarn and Sublime pattern I'm knitting for Husband.
I'm going to have to bone up on my mad ribbing skillz.



It might not be alpaca, but this it the yarn I'm using to make myself this sweater.



Thrum mittens I'm making for my mother.
She has a green coat and a blue coat.
The yarn will probably clash with both.


In other knitting knews (yes, I know that's spelled wrong):

On the advice of another knitter, I purchased several nice sweaters from Value Village with the hopes of cannibalizing them for future projects.

It seemed like a great idea, until I started the frogging process.

What a giant pain in my giant ass.

I don't think I'll be doing that again anytime soon.

Regardless, I did get some nice yarn out of the deal.

No comments: