I've never been one for those "If I was a superhero/mixed drink/Harry Potter Character/whatever" kind of memes. I do, however, like those "Getting to know all about you" kind.
Having said that...
Here are the rules: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. I am phobic about dirt. Specifically, dirt on my hands. I cannot stand it when my hands are dirty/gritty/oily/sticky. Just thinking about it makes my skin crawl. To cope, I was my hands. A lot.
2. I still (at the ripe old age of 29) sleep walk and talk. I've freaked my husband out several times waking him up because one of our pets are missing, or the house is on fire, or whatever. He's more used to it now and makes a point to mock me into consciousness.
3. I'm rubbish at keeping in touch. If I don't see you regularly, I fall out of touch. This does not make for lasting relationships.
4. I'm an excellent cook. Years ago, I went vegetarian, and, as I knew nothing about food prep that didn't involve premade meals and a microwave, I set about the enormous task of learning to feed myself (vegetarian, organic, whole foods). Six years later? I'm not any thinner, but I'm a whole lot healthier and I get invited to potlucks. A lot.
5. I'm addicted to Harry Potter fanfiction. Specifically, HG/SS fanfiction. (After she's out of school, of course. I'm not a pervert). Bright young woman. Tortured older man. It's all very Wuthering Heights.
6. I cry at the drop of a hat. Any hat. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm happy or sad or angry or frustrated. It's horrifying, as I was raised to believe that crying is either a form of a) feminine manipulation, or b) weakness. I've often swore to myself NEVER to use the phrase "I'll give you something to cry about" when dealing with my own kids.
7. I've got a split personality when it comes to socializing. When I'm out with friends, I'm extroverted. I can talk to anyone and can go all night. When I'm at home, I'm introverted. I will hole myself up in my cozy little nest and never leave. I'm sure there's a clinical term for this affliction of which I am unaware.
8. I love my job (I work, downtown Toronto, with street kids. Specifically girls in the sex trade). Unfortunately for my bank account, it's one of those jobs where you have to raise your own support (does it strike anyone else as ironic that I have to pedal myself to churches/businesses/individuals/etc. to work with girls who do the same thing?). As I am rubbish at public speaking, I mostly work for free.
As for the tagging of others, I'm not going to specifically name people, but I encourage you to fill this out yourself. Leave me a note if you do, so I can read up on you.